Welcome to Hullavington
Hullavington is first recorded as Hunlavintone in the Domesday Book of 1086. The place-name means 'the town of Hunlaf's people'.
The population at the beginning of the nineteenth century was 395 (1801 census), rising to 823 in 1901 and was 1,247 in 2001.
It has a garage, shop, pub and two churches, one of which meets in the village hall. The hall was recently opened by James Gray, the MP for North Wiltshire, after the previous one burnt down because of an electrical fault.
There is also a Church of England village school which has about 150 pupils and is headed by Sue Tudge. A number of children attend from Buckley Barracks. The army often provides entertainment and support for the school and the village.
Several community activities take place in the Village Hall including: concerts, fitness classes, line dancing, art and choral classes, Brownies, films, private parties, meetings and many other activities with details in the events diary.
There is a Sunday morning football team that plays in the Chippenham and District Sunday Football League Division 2. The current Hullavington Football Club has been running since 1989 and until recently played in the village. Since 2007/2008 the team has played at Buckley Barracks, about 2 miles from the village towards the M4 junction.